Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Fri Oct 6, 2000  11:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] SOUND-PRODUCTION MECHANISM X VOICE TYPE

In a message dated 10/6/00 9:09:53 AM Central Daylight Time, caioross@z...
writes:

<< Thanks for the reply. I care A LOT about what SLSers have to say about
singing because you always seem to be extremely concerned about healthy
production too ( which translates into a long singing carrer ).

However, my question suggested another 'interpretation': Do you think it
might be possible that I am, as strange as it may be, 'tuned' into my head
voice and having problems 'tuning' into my chest voice, differently from
what happens to most other people? The fact that my speaking voice is not
that 'heady' suggests that, but it sounds so absurd! My speech pathologist
says the singing voice is usually higher than the speaking voice, but I
think mine is not only higher but 'headier'. The register is felt as
different, but, as my vocal apparatus is also unusual, I don't know what
should be expected ( maybe she doesn't either ).

Thanks a lot,

Caio Rossi

There are things that you can do do get a firmer connection out of chest, but
in this case I think I'd have to hear you first. You may just have a lighter
voice, but I can't say without hearing it first.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com