Vocalist.org archive

From:  Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Date:  Fri Oct 6, 2000  10:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Madonna, WAS Sting's technique (to Tako)

Patricia M Smith wrote:

> I understood that she started taking private lessons in preparation for
> "Evita".

I would guess she had done this long before that, though I may be wrong.
I read of her preparing for Dick Tracy, for which Stephen Sondheim wrote
some of her songs. They weren't all in the film eventually, but she did
record them all, on the album Breathless. That was when I began to be
impressed by her as a performer with some substance of her own.

Sondheim played her his music, and she says she gasped and said "I have
to sing _those_ songs?!" Yet she worked, she got her throat round them,
and Sondheim is difficult, isn't it? and the end result is quite
impressive.

I loved her in Evita too.

Linda
(hoping this doesn't count as just another dreaded "me too" post.
Thinks, if we didn't post those things, how would anyone know if they
were a lone voice talking in an empty room?)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5216 Re: Madonna, WAS Sting's technique (to Tako) buzzcen@a...   Fri  10/6/2000   3 KB
5222 Re: Madonna, WAS Sting's technique (to Tako) Caio Rossi   Fri  10/6/2000   4 KB
5251 Re: Madonna, WAS Sting's technique (to Tako) buzzcen@a...   Fri  10/6/2000   2 KB

emusic.com