Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Fri Oct 6, 2000  2:53 am
Subject:  list ADMIN stuff

Hail, fellow listers,

Please refrain from sending one- or two-line
the list. It has always been a Vocalist policy to
limit unnecessary bandwidth and particularly short
messages/replies, especially for those listers who pay
for their bandwidth. Also, please be courteous about
taking back-and-forth debates involving only two
people into private email.

Also, I might propose that, instead of sending ten or
twelve short responses immediately after reading, you
perhaps think about combining your thoughts into one
or two messages a day. Many lists have an enforced
two-post-a-day policy, but I don't think we need to be
that formal about it. One of the great things about
this list is the back-and-forth discussions about
technique and other vocal issues, but seeing one
person's name in the list of messages more than ten
times a day (and there are several offenders in this
arena, myself occasionally included) is a bit much.

This is especially important in terms of the bandwidth
issue, since egroups attaches their rather sizeable
image file with each individual message sent to the
list.

Okay, enough of that. I'm leaving for a five-week
trip out of the country in one week, on the 12th.
Peggy has generously volunteered to co-moderate the
list, a committment which involves simply being on
standby in case listers have trouble unsubscribing or
subscribing. If anyone could volunteer to help her out
while I'm gone, that would be great.

Them's me thoughts. Thanks for being here.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA
ibracamonte@y...
ibracamonte@y...

5208 Re: list ADMIN stuff Linda Fox   Fri  10/6/2000   4 KB
5226 Re: list ADMIN stuff Caio Rossi   Fri  10/6/2000   3 KB
5241 OFF: lower case blues: was:list ADMIN stuff John Alexander Blyth   Fri  10/6/2000   3 KB
5242 Re: OFF: lower case blues: was:list ADMIN stuff stjames   Fri  10/6/2000   3 KB
5227 Re: list ADMIN stuff Caio Rossi   Fri  10/6/2000   2 KB
5267 Re: list ADMIN stuff Patricia M Smith   Sat  10/7/2000   5 KB

emusic.com