Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri Oct 6, 2000  1:00 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Tonight on PBS

ODivaTina@a... wrote:

> Well, I thought about that, actually. I was in the house for SFO's Tzar's
> Bride, and believe me, he had no ping. I was listening to the mic-ing they
> were using on last night's broadcast, and it was very close to the singers.
> It made me think that he might have a brilliance (or "ping") that only
> travels so far, and doesn't quite make it past the footlights. TinaO

There was a report on the opera list from Albert Innaurato (yes, the
playwright, who wrote
the adaptation presented last night) who had good and specific things to say
about
Hvorostovsky's singing in rehearsal and at the performance (and Fleming's,
too). I won't
post it here, since I don't have permission, but here's a link to the post at
the Opera-L
archives:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0010a&L=opera-l&O=D&P=16263

--