Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Thu Oct 5, 2000  6:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Tonight on PBS

In a message dated 10/04/2000 7:54:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
peggyh@i... writes:

<< Now THAT's Opera. >>

Yes! I thought the entire presentation was fantastic, and found myself
wishing that opera companies at large would get more creative with their
interpretations of the old warhorses. I was also struck by the brilliance of
Tchikovsky's score, which I hadn't heard in a long time, and by Fleming's
gorgeous and moving portrayal. And as much as I always wish I could be blown
away by Hvorostovsky, he consistently leaves me wanting more. I personally
believe what he lacks is a depth of soulfulness. But overall, a really
excellent program. Among the best I've seen in a long time.
TinaO

emusic.com