Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
"Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Tue Oct 3, 2000  8:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Sting's technique (to Tako)

In a message dated 10/03/2000 2:41:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
>BillyANM@a... writes:
>
><< Speaking of celebrity voices, what do you think of Alanis Morissette's
> technique? I know two women who emulate her sound and technique (and don't
> complain of any problems), but I've also heard that Alanis doesn't sing
> properly, and has little or no formal training. >>

I just wanted to add that Madonna's technique/voice has changed considerably
since she did Evita. I like the movie more than I expected I would (although I
loved the stage show more), and I felt that Madonna couldn't have vocally
gotten through the stage show - BUT I felt that she really took a chance and
sang pretty well. The albums I have heard since then, I have also noticed that
she uses much more mix and sounds less strained that she used to. (I have to
admit I LOVE Madonna!)

Lisa-Marie

emusic.com