Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 3, 2000  4:55 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Breath support and resonance in SLS

In a message dated 10/02/2000 10:53:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
mbryant@f... writes:

<< I've been telling all my students for ages to take "deep, silent
breaths." I've never heard anyone else use that term until now!

Miller says that noisy breaths are indicative of resistance in the vocal
tract - so I've been saying to my students, "Whether you breathe through your
nose or mouth, whatever works, just keep it QUIET!!"

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com