Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Tue Oct 3, 2000  3:42 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF: Milk - Time to look at the facts

>Reg-
>
>That is interesting. As I said earlier, I was fed on formula (not sure of
>the rapidity of my growth in the first year). I developed Type I Diabetes
>when I was 8 years old (23 years ago). I would never let my mother read
>that article though. She has enough guilt about it as it is (and there is
>nothing to be done about it now except take as good care of myself as I
>can). On a more personal note, Reg, I'm sure you have lots of resources,
>but pleas let me know if you have any questions about raising a child with
>Diabetes, 'taint easy I know.
>
>Lisa-Marie (on an insulin pump for 2 years now - best decision I've ever
>made!)
Well thank you so much Lisa-Marie, please assure your family that
guilt should not come into it. There is no history of diabetes in our
family but apparently only a small percentage is heredity.
Something like 2 to 5% I think. I'd like to hear about the insulin pump
if I may. Jessica valiantly gives herself two injections a day into her
stomach and it does little for her confidence. I despair for people who
have to give 5 or six! I neglected to mention that Jess gained weight
in her first year along the top limit. She was a darling baby and is a
darling teenager.

Thanks and all the best. Reg.

emusic.com