Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 3, 2000  3:19 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Relative education level (was: 'opera singer' w...

In a message dated 10/02/2000 12:10:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
LMorgan923@a... writes:

<< A's just kill me. I'm working on "Voi lo sapete", and every time I come
to either of the A's, I oversing them and they're just awful. I have an A -
I have no problem singing A's in other contexts (I do descants along with
the
sopranos in my church choir and nail them all the time there) - but as soon
as I see one in an aria, I oversing. It makes me so mad. It happens on
both
"Voi lo sapete" and the Papers Aria from The Consul. Arrggghhh. >>

I call "A" the "tightrope note" for mezzos.... "oops, yep, yep, I've got my
balance... nope, nope, not there ...yeah, now I've got it!"

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com