Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  2:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] abs - where ya gottem?

from Isabelle.
>Sorry for the confusion about the word "abs." Lower
>half, not belly button.

Confusion? Yes I'd think we have Isabelle. Shaking head.
I hope this is not going to be too painful!

Dear Isabelle,
First I'd suggest that you go to a gym and ask to
try out their abs exercise machine. Colloquialistically speaking,
no fancy nomenclature here.
You'll lie on your back with your head on a
grubby headrest and say to the attendant, "yeah, what now?"
He'll say, "when you tighten your abs you'll
lift your whole upper body off the frame, just don't tighten
your throat or neck muscles." You'll struggle for a while
until you get the idea as a whole new experience in pain
strikes you in the epigastric area.
If your in/out up/ down description translates
into a correct method, I promise you that in about 4 days,
after you've revived, you'll float your voice like a real pro.
If not , at least you'll know from the label on the machine
that the abs is NOT below the belly-button. Nor is it on it!!!

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that together we've just cleared
away one of the greatest hurdles to vocal comprehension
on this list. Congratulations!

Reg.

emusic.com