Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  5:32 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ian's Vocal Fortuity

At 02:00 PM 01-10-00 +0100, you wrote:
>Reg Boyle wrote:
> > First I hope we agree that the abs
> > of which we speak, is belly-button to ribs

then from Linda,
>Ah. This may be where some of the confusion lies. I keep my abdomen
>below my belly-button. What do you call that part of you?
>
>(Careful now, Reg, family show and all that...)

Come now...we'll all adults here!!!!!! and distance lends enchantment; )

Easy,...belly button to the bottom of the ribs, on Lloyds use of the term,
is the epigastric zone. Known colloquially as the tummy: the belly:
the middriff: the stomach: the intercostals: here: even, God forbid,
the diaphragm, and we all know where that is.

Then there's the land of mystery and delight below the belly-button
which I suppose I should call by its proper name, but I don't wanna.

Of course, right or wrong the abdomen is classified as the total area,
ribs to pubic bone, but it seems to me that the _upper_ epigastric zone
and the _lower_ pubic zone, naturally separate at the umbilicus, or
where I'd put my belt, if I had a waist. I'm reliably informed that with
ladies there is a more clear demarcation called the hour glass waist.

Vocally speaking, for me what happens below the belly-button or the
piper's kilt, is of little interest, as long as we keeps a-squeezin' dat bag.

Since I've lost my little description of the balance process in a
computer crash. I'll have to finish by saying that the _balance_ is one
of the visceral compression being done by the diaphragm under the
influence of the intercostals. The control is from the intercostals not
the mis-directed poo muscles. (Pardon) This little machine simply
won't allow the lungs to empty, unless it says so, but if you ain't got
it, then you got sumpin' else, an' that ain't good.

>Slinking off to peer closely in the mirror,
>Linda

See that fleeting form over your left shoulder Linda? That's me.
Verry Interresting!!!

Regards Reg.

emusic.com