Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Domisosing@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  1:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] BREATH SUPPORT + RESONANCE IN SLS

Isabelle,
Remember, we "SLS'ers" all became "SLS-ers" because we were searching
for simplicity in technique so that we could sing with the ease and freedom
that we all desire in order to express our music more fully.Whether we call
is SLS or ABC, I think that is the universal thread we all seek as students,
singers and teachers.
Here's a remark I heard Dave Stroud say at a workshop up here in
Portland this week. "Basically, all style is a deviation from proper
technique"........I think that hits the nail on the head! Whether it's opera,
rock, jazz or pop, there are elements in every style of music that can be
detrimental and harmful to the voice. Unfortunately, we have to deal with
those issues. Singing a 2 octave scale on BRRR, just doesn't seem to deliver
the passioned expression that I love! LOL
Happy singing to all,
The Voice Project
Mary Beth Felker
SLS Instructor and scared SLP Master's student!

emusic.com