Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  12:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] BREATH SUPPORT + RESONANCE IN SLS

> SLS is using appogio basically. Comfortably high
> posture, deep silent breath
> and then don't collapse.

And in the process, your lower abs come in, right?
Obviously, if you are exhaling at all, something must
come in (laws of physics). For me (in-and-up), it is
the lower abs. Not a pulling in, but a firm sensation
of support in the lower belly as it draws in.

And to sing, say, Violetta's sudden cry of "Ah" on an
A5 without tensing the larynx, the motion would
necessarily be quite firm, right? My impression of SLS
is that it doesn't use enough compression, enough
muscular firmness, to take the pressure off of the
throat enough to be able to produce the type of tone
needed for opera... but perhaps I was mistaken.

I begin to think I see eye-to-eye with these SLSers,
and Lloyd with his appogio technique.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte