Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  12:13 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] BREATH SUPPORT + RESONANCE IN SLS

In a message dated 10/1/00 4:46:27 PM Central Daylight Time, caioross@z...
writes:

<< That's something I'm not so sure about: you mean that that control is
involuntary. I've always thought ( and read ) that it would happen
automatically only when yelling, just like when we scream 'Hey' to call
someone's attention. If you're right, then my consideration above are wrong,
and so are Riggs's on page 25 of his book. But that raises a question: what
do SLSers do to work on posture and bad breathing habits? Do you use
Alexander Technique or any other method created by Seth.

SLS is using appogio basically. Comfortably high posture, deep silent breath
and then don't collapse. Resonance is paid attention to in the vowel
modifications that take place to help the folds lengthen through the first
bridge and so that the vocal tract helps create supraglottal pressure.

Randy Buescher

Randy Buescher

emusic.com