Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sun Oct 1, 2000  5:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Church (Caio's question about her technique)

Roccio wrote

> Her vibrato results from shaking her jaw,

Hi, Roccio. Missed you! Shaking the jaw is aesthetically nicer than shaking
the head, as a famous popular singer in Brazil does ( Zezé de Camargo ) :-)
Imagine her singing as sweetly as she does and then shaking her head back
and forth for the vibrato. That would be funny!

>singing in a half smile and lifting her eyebrows for higher notes (for
example) are attempts to compensate. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

A teacher I had for one day ( fortunately ) at the institute I have classes
said we should open up our eyes and nostrils for higher notes in order to
open up resonating space. She gave Sarah Brightman as a reference.

Best regards and welcome back,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com