Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Sat Sep 30, 2000  5:09 pm
Subject:  RE: 'opera singer' was junior, church- my rant

Elizabeth wrote:

> Me, I can sit through Verdi. Four hours of Wagner, that's a
> different story.
>
> Elizabeth "*%$# Nazi music!" Finkler
> http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
> mightymezzo@h...

As a German, how exactly am I supposed to take the "*%$# Nazi music!"
comment? Granted, I'm not crazy about Wagner's _music_ myself
(although I am really enjoying studying in "O Du Holder Abendstern"
right now), but last time I checked he lived and died in the 19th
century whereas Nazism is a curse of the 20th century.

Ingo

4867 Re: 'opera singer' was junior, church- my rant stjames@l...   Sat  9/30/2000   2 KB
4871 Re: 'opera singer' was junior, church- my rant Karen   Sat  9/30/2000   3 KB
4887 Re: 'opera singer' was junior, church- my rant thomas mark montgomery   Sun  10/1/2000   3 KB

emusic.com