Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Sat Sep 30, 2000  2:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] 'opera singer' was junior, church

In a message dated 9/29/00 8:58:06 PM, leskayc@a... writes:

<< I have to disagree. I work with a regional children's chorale (The
Heritage
Children's Chorale of the South) and we have lots of kids who sound BETTER
than Church-of course they are receiving proper training and sing appropriate
literature. >>

Hi, Leslie! I agree. Here in another southern city I have at least a dozen
truly great young soloists in my small program. They are natural, musical,
and lovely to hear. But they, too, are receiving good training and
literature.

I forget what city you are in, Leslie. I'd love to hear your group.

Sincerely,
Lynda Lacy

Lynda Lacy, Director of Choral Activities
Jackson Preparatory School
Jackson, Mississippi
"Allow your voice to serve the music, not the other way around." - B. R.
Henson

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/lynda313/myhomepage/profile.html">Lynda and
the Fine Arts</A>

emusic.com