Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@o...>
Date:  Sat Sep 30, 2000  11:18 am
Subject:  pop voices

Mike wrote-

>i think of
>jeff buckley as being more lyric baritone in classical thinking, than
tenor.

You really think so? That's interesting. Have you listened to grace? He
floats beautifully on his A's (above middle C), and his voice extends to
high F# above tenor high C, which he demostrates in about 5 songs on grace.
His timber is very lyrical, but I would say of a tenor, rather than a
baritone. To me, he sounds more like a young beniamino gigli than anything.
I can understand you saying what you said if you've only hear his
'sweetheart' album, as his tone had darkened a little by that point. But
his average comfortable tessitura was C4 to A4, which is definitely
tenorish. He wasn't belting out any of his high notes in the way that a
baritone might have to to get his really high notes.

Mirko

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4856 Re: pop voices RALUCOB@a...   Sat  9/30/2000   2 KB
4862 Re: pop voices Caio Rossi   Sat  9/30/2000   3 KB
4974 Re: pop voices Tako Oda   Mon  10/2/2000   2 KB
4978 Re: pop voices Caio Rossi   Mon  10/2/2000   3 KB

emusic.com