Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Sat Sep 30, 2000  12:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Fainting on a high B? (smarta** answer)

I remember what the bridal party was told at the rehearsal for my
wedding..."Don't stand with your knees locked".

It is a great reminder for singers & I try to remind myself before each
performance that I sing in. You never know what may happen. I'm sure that
many of us have sung in spaces that are too hot to be comfortable & the
situation is exacerbated by stage lighting. I almost passed out during a
performance because I ate fast food for lunch that day & the MSG (or
whatever) made me whoozy.

Pat