Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Fri Sep 29, 2000  11:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ian's Vocal Fortuity

To Lynda and Mike a quick reply...

But I sang like that for years with the full understanding that
I lived on the edge of vocal insecurity and technical inadequacy.
Perhaps that's the 'lot' of tenors but I no longer think it is.
There has to be a confidence building 'method' that a person can
apply rather than burn out on 'natural ability'. Reg

At 12:01 PM 29-09-00 -0400, you wrote:
>Mike writes: <<
> i feel much the same way as ian does (god help me) that, if the larynx
>is not interfered with, it knows better than i do what to do. teachers of
>speech level singing, roger love, mark baxter, etc. have expressed this
>opinion...>>
>
>Richard Miller, after making certain all singers in his course know all
>the inner workings of the entire vocal apparatus, says: "Now that you now
>how wonderful and complex it all is, LEAVE IT ALONE!" That, in my
>opinion, is the reason to learn the mechanics. We learn it so that we
>realize that to interfere with its efficient working is counter-productive.
>
>Sincerely,
>Lynda Lacy
>Jackson, MS
>LYNDA313@a...