Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Fri Sep 29, 2000  5:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ian's Vocal Fortuity

Mike writes: <<
i feel much the same way as ian does (god help me) that, if the larynx
is not interfered with, it knows better than i do what to do. teachers of
speech level singing, roger love, mark baxter, etc. have expressed this
opinion...>>

Richard Miller, after making certain all singers in his course know all the
inner workings of the entire vocal apparatus, says: "Now that you now how
wonderful and complex it all is, LEAVE IT ALONE!" That, in my opinion, is the
reason to learn the mechanics. We learn it so that we realize that to
interfere with its efficient working is counter-productive.

Sincerely,
Lynda Lacy
Jackson, MS
LYNDA313@a...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4801 Re: Ian's Vocal Fortuity Reg Boyle   Fri  9/29/2000   3 KB

emusic.com