Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Shawna" <allegro@e...>
Date:  Thu Sep 28, 2000  6:22 pm
Subject:  examples of fachs?

Ok, so as part of my ongoing self-education about these things, I'm trying
to get all the fachs straight in my head, and I think I have a pretty good
idea, but I was wondering if there might be a fach list somewhere that has
examples of well-known singers in each fach. For instance, I know Sutherland
would be a coloratura, but a lyric or a full? A dramatic? I'd love to see
some sort of chart like:

Fach Singers Roles

Part of why I want to do this is to be able to listen to several different
recordings of adjacent fachs and compare the different sounds so I know what
I'm listening for.

thanks!
-Shawna

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4733 Re: examples of fachs? Tako Oda   Thu  9/28/2000   2 KB
4738 Re: examples of fachs? Isabelle Bracamonte   Thu  9/28/2000   6 KB
4757 Re: examples of fachs? Shawna   Fri  9/29/2000   2 KB
4744 Re: examples of fachs? Isabelle Bracamonte   Thu  9/28/2000   2 KB

emusic.com