Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Thu Sep 28, 2000  11:22 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re:Potatoes;) and for Ian B.

Hi Reg!!

I don't know what you've done to your computer, but it
the e mail came to me very hickledee pickledee! It
took some reading!!

I think I'm misleading you re. my support feelings.
What I should say, is that I've never given it much
thought, as I've found that extraneous work in the
epigastric area generally mucks me up!

However, of course, in a floaty type of song, I give
more, shall we say, concentration on what's occurring.
For me though, it's all balance of course: I suppose
that's obvious. If the larynx is working fine, the
rest will fall into place. Lots of students and
collegues of mine do not agree with me, but I'm afraid
to say, that I sing with much freer tone than they,
and have absolutely no worries from the bottom to the
top of my voice, whether singing forte or a tiny
pianissimo.

I guess I'm lucky, but have said that before!! As a
dancer (ex) you are naturally more aware of your body
anyway, and I think that's why I don't give it much
consideration. What I do, I just 'do'!

That's probably of no help to you whatsoever!!

Take care,

Ian. Voice wrecker to the stars!

4760 Ian's Vocal Fortuity Reg Boyle   Fri  9/29/2000   4 KB

emusic.com