Vocalist.org archive

From:  prwtt@y...
Date:  Thu Sep 28, 2000  12:53 am
Subject:  Re: student's ear pops while singing

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, "Caio Rossi" <>
wrote:

> I have quite the same problem. In fact, my muscle protrudes when I
open up
> my mouth, and yes, that's TMJ. That problem, according to my former
teacher
> and my orthodontist does not necessarily cause that 'click', so
she'd better
> have it checked.

Thank you for your reply! I have had many students with TMJ, and
most of them describe a destinct "click" when the jaw drops, just as
you have described. This girl says that it is not a click at the
level of the jaw joint, but a "pop" within her ear canal. She also
mentioned that she does get dizzy sometimes when she is singing. Her
lesson is tomorrow and I will certainly discuss this with her
further. If it continues, I will urge her to see an ENT.

Thank you!

-Carrie

emusic.com