Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Date:  Wed Sep 27, 2000  3:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] student's ear pops while singing

With regard to the ear-popping student. Has she ever experienced the
sound seeming to go out toward one Eustachian tube or is it strictly
popping. Many years ago I experienced the sensation of the sound going
out my right ear and I then imagined moving it toward the front(sort of
like extending your arm out to the right and bring it forward in front
of you) She probably should be evaluated for TMJ syndrome. It could be
happening during the night when she wouldn't necessarily notice it.
Perhaps playing with the amount of jaw drop on the high notes would be
helpful--maybe she's dropping it too far or not enough. See if there is
a relationshiip between the popping and the jaw and figure out at what
point in the jaw drop it occurs. Anne

emusic.com