Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Tue Sep 26, 2000  7:54 pm
Subject:  edema and high notes

OK list, I have another question-

Why is it that when you (at least this is true for me) for whatever reason
(cold, allergy, etc) have some edema in your cords it is easier to sing high
notes than low ones? It seems to me that it should be the other way around,
but lately, as I have battled North Alabama's allergen/defoliant onslaught I
have noticed that whether singing (and I haven't been doing much of this) or
speaking the "problem" seems to be in the lower part of my voice. Even
though it definitely takes more energy to stay "up" the sound is much better,
even normal sounding, but get into the mid to lower-mid range and production
is much more difficult.

Just curious,
Leslie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4665 Re: edema and high notes gwyee@r...   Tue  9/26/2000   2 KB
4666 Re: edema and high notes Anne Cronvich   Wed  9/27/2000   2 KB
4668 Re: edema and high notes leskayc@a...   Wed  9/27/2000   2 KB

emusic.com