Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Tue Sep 26, 2000  3:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Becoming a soprano

In a message dated 9/26/00 1:23:08 PM, ladyamadea@h... writes:

<< My question is, should I really be trying to keep my voice in a mezzo
range?
If my voice naturally feels more comfortable with the quality of a soprano,
then why should I be training it to sound differently? Also, could it be
harmful for me to push my voice in a direction that does not feel "natural"?

Lisa:

Do what your voice is telling you. Your voice "knows" what it needs. If you
are experiencing discomfort singing, that's not a good sign. It also seems
like it might be time for you to have a long talk with your teacher. If you
aren't in agreement about what your voice needs, it may be time to look
elsewhere.

Judy

emusic.com