Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
Date:  Tue Sep 26, 2000  12:40 pm
Subject:  Uvula (not raised or lowered !)

The raised or lowered velum/uvula reminded me
of an old post that peaked my interest but had
scant follow up information.

A long while ago on the list someone mentioned
laser ablation of the uvula to reduce/remove, it in
the aim of improving the singing voice. Does
anyone have any info on this ?

I remember at the time looking in the mirror and
thinking how much better the arch attached to the
velum would appear if it didn't have the dangly bit,
and thought it would be likely to improve the
instrument to not have the damping bit of flesh in
the way.

Any research been done on this ? Or human
experimentation ?! (I haven't tried it myself yet ! :-)

Kevin.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4652 Re: Uvula (not raised or lowered !) dorisopran@a...   Tue  9/26/2000   2 KB
4658 Re: Uvula (not raised or lowered !) gwyee@r...   Tue  9/26/2000   3 KB
4663 Re: Uvula (not raised or lowered !) Ian Belsey   Tue  9/26/2000   2 KB
4686 Re: Uvula (not raised or lowered !) Caio Rossi   Wed  9/27/2000   2 KB

emusic.com