Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
Date:  Mon Sep 25, 2000  2:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Songs for Baritone for Wedding

In a message dated 9/24/00 9:39:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ODivaTina@a... writes a request from a baritone friend:

<< Does anyone know some good classical (or at least light on the cheese)
songs
for baritone that I could use? Is there some resource I could look in?
So far I have Schubert's "Du bist die Ruh." >>

Vaughn-Williams "The Call," one of his mystical songs, is perfect for
weddings. I believe it was written for baritone and orchestra but a
keyboard version works beautifully. There is also an SATB arrangement.
We've done it at an outdoor wedding with harp, flute and violin and it worked
beautifully.

Cheers,
Doris Long Thurber

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4622 Re: Songs for Baritone for Wedding thomas mark montgomery   Mon  9/25/2000   3 KB

emusic.com