Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sun Sep 24, 2000  10:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: vibrato

Vicky wrote:
> Try having your student hum randomly, and then begin approximating to
> the scales until she can hum scales with as much abandon. At that
> point, you can begin having her "explode" the hum open into a random
> vowel. The more random and "silly", the better the results usually
> are.

I liked your 'silly-singing technique'. I'd sing much better if I could be
more natural! :-) But, what kind of sounds do you ask them to do. I can
remember some of them from the list, though I'm not sure you suggested them,
like GAY ( a politically-correct vocalise ), the sound of a frog, but can
you suggest any others?

Best regards,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com