Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Sep 24, 2000  12:25 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Singing in ensemble

In a message dated 09/23/2000 12:00:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
mbryant@f... writes:

<< And, rather than my technique suffering from one or the other, I've found
that as I've been steadily improving in "cut" and "ring" as a soloist, I've
been able to blend more and more easily in the choruses with less vocal
fatigue and more stamina. >>

Exactly! When my technique was less solid, I found it much harder to sing in
the chorus. Perhaps, though, that's the question... should a young singer
who is working on solidifying his/her solo technique have to sing in a choral
setting?

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com