Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Sep 20, 2000  10:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] learning a role pointers

>From: Mezzoid@a...
>In a message dated 09/19/2000 6:30:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
>mightymezzo@h... writes:
>
><< Take it from the Mother in Bay Shore Lyric Opera's "Hansel and Gretel":
>It
> IS difficult! But not impossible, and worth the effort. >>
>
>Elizabeth, did you sing both the Mother and the Witch? I've heard it's
>been
>done that way, although I doubt if the company with whom I'm supposed to do
>the Witch is going to do that....
>
>Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano

Yes, for three performances at which the first-string Witch was absent. I
learned it toot-sweet (real fast), and set up the costumes so I could do a
quick change.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse