Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Wed Sep 20, 2000  7:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Practicing vs. Performing; bad habits

Richard- The first issue may be a simple issue of energy. I have always found
that most of my technical problems clear up when in front of an audience,
because of the adrenaline rush. I get off on performing. I love the audience.
Someone once told me that I seem more comfortable on stage than I do in real
life, and I think it is true, I AM more comfortable and energized on stage.
(Auditions are another thing.) But it takes an AMAZING amount of energy to
sing well, and in the practice room or in lessons where you are everyday, it
could be that your body just isn't as energized.

Just an idea.

Lisa-Marie
---

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:20:55
Richard Barrett wrote:
>I'm a 23 year old lyric tenor. I'm noticing more and more that practicing
>singing - i.e., in voice lessons, coaching sessions, practicing by myself,
>etc. - makes me vocally tired fairly quickly, but when I sing onstage in
>front of an audience, there's no problem, I've got stamina, range, and ring
>to spare. Anybody able to relate to this and/or explain why this might be?
>It's alternately frustrating and gratifying.

emusic.com