Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Sep 13, 2000  7:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF: Vegetarianism and Allergies

>From: Tako Oda <toda@m...>
>
>Nestle and other powerful corporations try to undermine a mother's
>confidence by implying she might not be able to provide enough milk for
>her child. This has had disasterous effects in developing countries, where
>babies are fed formula which will of course be made with unsanitary water.
>There are probably many babies who have died of diarrhea because of these
>evil companies.
>
>OK... Rant over. :-)
>
>-Tako

Funny, Mom breast-fed all nine of us. But then again, she was a health-food
fanatic while we were kids, and started gardening organically about 10 years
before it became fashionable. (I still like to buy produce at the farmer's
market, because some of it tastes better than supermarket stuff.)

My devil's advocate response is that there are occasional situations in
which breast feeding is not possible. My brother and his wife adopted a
child this year, and I'd hate to think he's doomed to sickliness simply
because he wasn't breast-fed! (Word is that at eight months, he can go from
flat-on-his-back to pulled-up standing in 0.2 seconds.)

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse

4325 Re: OFF: Vegetarianism and Allergies Lisa Miller   Thu  9/14/2000   2 KB

emusic.com