Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
Date:  Wed Sep 13, 2000  11:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vegetarianism and Allergies (and: Finding Balance)

In a message dated 9/13/00 10:56:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sandra@i... writes:

<< She (Sandra's former landlady, a goatkeeper) said that many persons are
not
completely lactose intolerant-they are lactose intolerant with cows milk,
but can digest goat milk just fine. She said it makes sense when you
consider that cows milk is designed for a baby of 80 to 100 lbs with
multiple stomachs, whereas a human baby is maybe 5 to 15 lbs. A baby goat
weights 4 to 6 lbs at birth (my guess from holding them) and would be much
more compatible to a human baby. I find that I digest goat dairy products
much easier than cow products. As someone who LOVES goat cheese, this is a
condition I find quite nice. Cheese from cows sits in my stomach like lead.

To add to Sandra's bit, my friend from Ireland said that goat's milk cured
his asthma.

emusic.com