Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Wed Sep 13, 2000  9:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Looking for phonetic reading

Our own (well, she was our own... I think she got lost
in the Vocalist-temporary shuffle) Candace Magner has
published a book -- Phonetic Readings of Songs and
Arias, or something to that effect.

Is Dr. Yvonne de Chance still with us? She co-hosts
the Diction Domain and there may be information there.

No, I just checked
(http://www.over.to/dictiondomain/); Dr. Magner has
published phonetic readings of Brahms and Schubert
lieder instead. There's always the Grubb for looking
up each word at a time. What about the Robert
Gartside book on interpreting the lieder of Faure?
That may have IPA in it, I can't remember.

Speaking of people we lost in the transfer, has anyone
heard from Graham Sanders? Or Richard Allen? Or Ron
Land? Or Madeleine Grey? I do hope we get settled on
the vocalist.org domain again... I miss the handfuls
of professionals we lost.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte