Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Sep 12, 2000  9:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Finding balance (was Frequency of Lessons) - long

>From: "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
>Now, I have agreed to come in at 8:00 for a period of time to finish up a
>project. I have to say I LOVE leaving work at 4:30, but I find that I
>don't have the energy to practice after 8 hours of sitting at a computer
>every day.

I almost always practice in the evenings, just after dinner. I think if you
try practicing then, instead of trying to do it when you've just made it
through the door and crashed on the sofa, you just might have the energy!

Me, I've been goofing o-, I mean, taking a break from singing for most of
last month. I HAVE to work full time; it's hellaciously expensive to live
in sunny Sunnyvale! Now I have a couple of auditions to prepare for. Found
that the only way to get those prepared properly is good old fashioned
woodshedding: working the pieces for technique AND words and music. Church
job starts at the end of September. Be glad to see everyone again and have
the extra $$$.

Some can live for music and music alone. Me, I have to have a variety of
activities to keep me out of the booby hatch: the "real job," cooking,
reading, "West Wing" and "Law and Order", and looking after His Majesty.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse