Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed Sep 13, 2000  1:30 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Source of frequencies was:Falsetto Recognition

In a message dated 09/12/2000 2:29:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
toda@m... writes:

<< Would you say this full chest is your normal speaking voice? Or do you
tend to speak in your lower mix? Thanks for your input... this is so
fascinating! I think I finally beginning to understand the relationship
between men's voices and women's voices.

I'm sitting in front of my computer speaking and then taking it to a singing
sound just so I can figure out for myself. My "raw chest/full chest" sound
is my regular speaking voice; but then I sang down there in a mixed sound and
took it to speaking, and it COULD be a version of my speaking voice (when I
think about speaking with more "head" in the tone). Of course, my speaking
voice tends to be low - probably too low - and that approximate pitch
corresponds to the place where I'd have to sing in chest. It's probably
lower now because I've just finished giving 9 voice lessons ... it probably
had more head in it at 1:30 when I gave the first lesson....

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4291 Lower female registers WAS: Source of frequencies Tako Oda   Wed  9/13/2000   2 KB

emusic.com