Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  8:50 pm
Subject:  Re: Source of frequencies was:Falsetto Recognition

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Kate Reid wrote:
> Yes, mine is an octave above yours (Eb at the top space of
> the treble staff). I have a lower passagio break an octave
> lower (where you experience your "yodel"), although it is
> really my top one that causes me the most distress :)

I have a higher passagio as well (circa C5), and just like you, it is
harder than the lower. The higher one, while more difficult, does not feel
to me like a gear change as much as it is an issue of a re-tuning of my
vocal tract to accomodate the higher notes. It sounds like your Eb5
passagio might be the same phenomenon as my C5 passagio. But it sounds
like my Eb4 is just plain different from yours... since I can make mine go
"clunk"!

I wonder, do you have a lower transition somewhere below C4? It's great to
talk to you about this! Thanks for writing back!

-Tako

emusic.com