Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Alexa Wing" <alexawing@h...>
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  6:20 pm
Subject:  Finding Balance

I am really enjoying reading this discussion as it is so pertinent to all of
our lives as musicians.
I am going insane! With students (12), a church job with two services a
Sunday and a full time temp job, not to mention gigs and lessons (I take two
to three a week), I find I haven't got time to sit down. A couple of things
have helped me a lot with regard to balance. Exercise and a daily spiritual
practice. I took up running in the spring and the discipline of doing it
3-4 times a week has really helped to keep my spirits up and focus me for
the important stuff. Yoga/meditation is something else which has saved me
from having a breakdown. Making the time to do both these things was really
challenging at first, but it really has helped me be more disciplined in my
musical practice.

Ciao tutti,

alexa wing

4212 Re: Finding Balance Isabelle Bracamonte   Mon  9/11/2000   2 KB
4214 Re: Vegetarianism and Allergies (WAS: Finding Bal Tako Oda   Mon  9/11/2000   2 KB

emusic.com