Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  5:43 pm
Subject:  Steroid Nasal Sprays and Sinus Survival

In a message dated 9/11/00 1:08:09 AM Central Daylight Time, RALUCOB@a...
writes:

<< if you must use nasacort, or the like, i suggest
you also use a saline spray to keep your passages moist. >>

Some time back we were discussing sinus problems and someone mentioned a book
called Sinus Survival by Dr. Robert Ivkar. I bought it, read it, and ordered
his sinus survival nasal spray. I also use the steroid s prays and they do
dry out the nasal membranes, which can lead to infection. The spray tastes
nasty, but it really works. It is saline and aloe vera with some grapefruit
seed extract (seems to be an anti-infection agent). The book is good, too.
I have also learned to irrigate my sinuses and this is great help.

All of this comes into play now as "they" have recently sprayed defoliant on
the cotton around here and it is poisoning me as well as the cotton foliage.
I was a basso profundo yesterday, but after spending the day steaming,
irrigating, drinking, (peeing), and moisturizing, I am now an alto and hope
to be back to soprano by tomorrow or Wednesday since I have to sing a
"classical" program Friday at the local Assisted Living Facility-not to be
confused with a nursing home..................

Hope this helps,
Leslie in the Land of Cotton Poison...:-)

emusic.com