Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  7:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: MED: Nasacort spray??

actually kerubino (if that is your real name),

we are not looking to dry out our nostrils, we are looking to coat them
(as well as the rest of our respertory system) with a thin, watery mucous.
this mucous is what protects us from infection. the drying out, caused by
use of these medications, is precisely why some people experience cronic
sinus infections while using them. staying well hydrated is what keeps the
mucous thin and watery. if you must use nasacort, or the like, i suggest
you also use a saline spray to keep your passages moist. and beware,
sometimes these saline sprays can become contaminated so, change the bottle
often.

(no, i'm not a medical expert but, i did stay at a holiday inn last
night!)

mike

emusic.com