Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  3:18 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] MED: Nasacort spray??

The only way that I am aware of reducing the dosage is to put one spray
in each nostril vs. two. Are you using this once or twice a day?

I'm also using Atrovent in addition to Nasacort. The doctor put me on
these because I was constantly complaining of feeling like my throat was
closing up (especially between August & November). Makes singing very
uncomfortable & tiresome...especially for an amateur like myself. I'm
singing 3-4 times a week in choirs, in addition to lessons & personal
practice.

Who knows? I hope that these are not the cause of some of the "noise"
that my voice teacher says she often hears in my voice but the option I
have to this is being extremlely uncomfortable & feeling a great deal of
stress in my chords &/or throat. I have been taking stingy nettle,
slippery elm bark & ginger root supplements since August & I haven't been
experiencing as much discomfort as in past autumns.

A side note...I work in the office of a custom wood shop...very dusty so
it can't be helping the problems eithers but I love it & can't imagine
doing anything else since I can't get paid enough only to sing. They even
let me get away to sing funerals & take an audition here & there.

Pat Smith
amateur dramatic soprano

On Sat, 09 Sep 2000 05:49:27 -0000 kerubiino@h... writes:
> I have been prescribed Nasacort nasal spray by my ENT for clearing
> my
> nose of constant allergic stuffiness.
The doctor said it takes about a month for
> the medication to really take effect and after I get a feeling of
> the
> effect it is common to be able to reduce the dosage to half.

4187 Re: MED: Nasacort spray?? kerubiino@h...   Mon  9/11/2000   3 KB

emusic.com