Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  3:21 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Roberta Peters

I first heard of Roberta Peters about six months ago in a special about
African-American opera singers on a PBS special. Based on the clip that
was shown (from "Figaro"), my question was "Where have you been all of my
life?". I'm going to have to find some time to look up this web site.

Pat Smith

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:29:24 -0400 Margaret Harrison
<peggyh@i...> writes:
> When I wrote to the list about my soft spot for Roberta Peters, I
> said:
>
> >Some very nice things have been written about her over on the
> >Opera-list over the years, by those who heard her in person on many
>
> >occasions.
>
> And lo and behold, somebody on the opera list posted a link to this
> intresting AP
> interview with Ms. Peters at the following URL:

http://www.dailytexan.utexas.edu/webtexan/today/2000090608_s01_Roberta.ht
ml