Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Fri Sep 8, 2000  8:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: need advice

Thanks for all your advice. I just got back from my interview. I decided the
best way to do it was to teach the way I always do, even if that means there is
no big difference in the student's singing. (I only had 10 minutes) So, I had
her vocalize. We talked a little about breathing and support (very briefly),
we did some lip trills, used a little head voice, a little chest voice, a
little legato. (I usually start out trying to get to know someone's voice
anyway, so I try a little of everything.)

I felt the interview went really well. I walked out of there thinking that if
he disagrees with my methods, then I probably wouldn't want to work with him
anyway. I truly believe I'm the best person for the job. (NOW, IF ONLY I
COULD HAVE THIS ATTITUTE WHEN I AUDITION, I'D BE A STAR!!!!!!!!) I just felt
very confident in my abilities.

I should find out on Sunday.

Thanks!

Lisa-Marie