Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Sat Sep 9, 2000  6:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!!

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I have
already checked out some and they all seem like
excellent scenes. The only specification on them is
that they have to be from an English or American
opera. Next semester we will do scenes in foreign
languages, so this semester is confined to English.
Thanks again. April and I have a lot to look at and
some deciding to do in the near future. We'll keep
you all posted. And sadly it is true, that when in
April's post she said that we get cast almost
immediately by body type. What are some other
experiences with type casting (that is maybe not
always accurate) or suggestions on how to "expand your
horizons" on the role market. I'm still in college.
I don't know where my voice will end up when it fully
matures, and I don't want to be pigeon holed into
certain fachs while I am still young and
inexperienced.

Thanks,
Trevor Allen