Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Sat Sep 9, 2000  5:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] female falsetto

michael,

if you haven't already, you should check out julia migenes' 'smile'.
it is a collection of songs from movies ranging from 'casablanca' to 'atomic
cafe'. there are some extremes that she goes to that just make me smile
(ugh, sorry). given your wish for, i think, all music to be an extension of
speech (my essential philosophy of singing as well), i'd be curious to know
what you think of it. (be warned- if you don't like it, we'll probably go
on for another month on 'natural extensions of speech' and suggested testing
for such. why not, if it keeps us off the streets.)

mike

emusic.com