Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Fri Sep 8, 2000  10:12 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Would-be tenor help....

Being more foolish than angelic, though with some hesitation: I suppose he
has been placing his voice rather oddly in order to sing tenor, but you
might try getting him to *decrescendo* on an upper note and then crescendo
again - I suspect that there will be a crack somewhere in there so you
might want to warn him that that will happen and make it clear that the two
of you are exploring his voice rather than trying to make it fit a
pre-conceived mould. You might laso get him working on his lower and middle
range to get the idea of support/appoggio. Also, he may be pushing too
hard when you ask for support, and the air might just be pushing things too
far apart - you can have too much as well as too little. 2c. john

At 01:44 PM 9/8/00 -0500, you wrote:

> My Groups | vocalist-temporary Main Page | Start a new
>group!
> Fellow Vocalisters, Thanks for your input!
> David Grogan
>ETBU Music
>Marshall, Texas

John Blyth