Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa Miller" <lmiller12@c...>
Date:  Fri Sep 8, 2000  12:31 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Need Advice

Lisa-Marie:

I do this too. I usually vocalize a new student and make some general
comments (starting with something positive). I say this is what I think we
should work on and give some ways in which I might accomplish those things.
I always tell my students the same methods, exercises, etc. don't work for
every student and it might take time to find specific things that will
"click" with him/her. I also tell students it's always better to take "baby
steps" instead of "great big giant leaps" when working on vocal technique.

Just relax - I'm sure you will do fine! Keep us posted. Lisa