Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shuff@c...
Date:  Thu Sep 7, 2000  8:34 pm
Subject:  Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!!

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, Trevor Allen
<trevorjamesallen@y...> wrote:
> Hello All,
She has described herself
> as a mezzo with a rather heavy voice. I am a lyric
> baritone. Are there any scenes at ALL that would be
> appriopriate for two college students that do not run
> more than 5-7 minutes and are from an opera in
> English. >
> Many thanks in advance,
> Trevor J. Allen

Trevor,

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of The Old Maid & The Thief - at
least the roles are right. I did Ms. Todd several years ago, but it
escapes me if she & Bob have a solo scene together. You might want
to check the score.

Also, I thought of Albert Herring. Sid & Nancy have a great duet. I
did Florence, so it wasn't my scene, but it's a good one!

If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know!

Sarah

emusic.com